UPDATE: A newer version of Activity Tracker called “Activity Tracker Plus” is available. Activity Tracker Plus is more reliable and robust. It also includes a social client “Activity Tracker Plus Social” that will let you share your daily log on your blog or any opensocial social networking platform including orkut, hi5, Friendster, MySpace etc in real time.
Activity Tracker is available for iGoogle, Netvibes and Windows Vista sidebar.
Thanks lifehacker for featuring us !!
Thanks webworkerdaily for naming us as one of the 15 iGoogle productive gadgets !!
Looking for “Todo List with Google Maps”… It’s here
“Activity Tracker” is a punchclock google/Netvibes gadget that can track your daily activities. You are using google everyday.. so why not have this gadget show up on your front page .. so you don’t forget to record your time. It is now available for Netvibes too. You can use if for anything you want - Consultants can use it for time reporting, students can use it to track time spent in their homework and others can just use it to analyze how they spend their time. It provides a very simple interface and all you do is punch-in when you start an activity and punch-out when you are done. And of course.. if you are a person who very easily forgets to update your activity - check out the alert feature (available in 4 languages) .
(To add this gadget to your igoogle.com page, just click on “Add to Google” button below the image)
(To add this gadget to your Netvibes page, just click on “netvibes” button below the image)
(To learn more about the Vista version, read my blog here . To add it, you can just click the “vista sidebar” button below the image.)
It provides loads of cool features that no other gadget provides:
- Available for both your iGoogle and Netvibes page.
- Very simple and intuitive interface - Add your activities and simply punch-in when you start the activity and punch-out when you are done. The gadget takes care of the reporting part.
- Graph - Get a graphical view of all your activities. Find out how much time you spent in each activity and a visual picture of where you spend most of your time.
- Print - Print out the list of activities along with the graph.
- Export as .csv - Export the list of activities as a .csv file for accounting purposes. You can use it to fill your time cards.
- Log - Get a log for each activity. Provides you detailed upto the minute log for all your activites. You have the option to print or export as comma separated file. The log also provides the hours in decimal making it easy to calculate the pay. It also provides a weekly report for the activity. The log also includes any notes that you might have specified for each activity.
- Add Notes to each activity log -For each task, you have the ability to add a custom note each time you punch-in. Hence you can have as many notes as there are logs. The log is limited to 50 characters.
- Drag and Drop - Re-arrange your tasks in any order you want.
- Expand & Collapse the task view - All tasks remain collapsed in the main view providing more room and a cleaner interface. You can expand each task by clicking on it. You can have all your 100 tasks and not worry about clobbering your iGoogle page. If you want to see the total time spent in all projects, just click “Graph” and you should see details about all projects.
- Keep tasks expanded at all times - For users who prefer to keep the tasks expanded always, you can do so by checking the “Keep Activities expanded” check box.
- Editing - Forgot to punch-out. No Problem !!. Just edit the activity and enter the actual time. In addition, you can edit the last entry time and delete or add any new entry if you want. You can also edit the notes for each activity. It provides you complete control over the log entries.
- Do you keep forgetting to punch-in or punch-out. No Problem !!.. Set an alert. Just click on the alert link and set your interval. The gadget should remind you periodically to update the activity. You also have the option to select the type of voice.
- Automatic toggle between different activities - When you punch-in a particular activity, the gadget automatically punches you out from the other activity.
- Reset - A new week starts .. Want to start all over again .. No Problem. Just click on Reset and it should reset all your logs.
- Internationalized - Available in different locales.
Continued in next page…
Activity Tracker is a free time management or timesheet gadget. Use it to improve productivity following Getting things done principles. Managing your time efficiently. Capture billable time, capture time spent in writing blogs, time spent on leisure activities. Project management gadget.