To-Do List with Google Maps !!

UPDATE: ToDo List gadget is available for iGoogle, Netvibes and Windows Vista sidebar.

“To-Do List with Google Maps” is a gadget that can help you keep track of all your tasks and sub-tasks. Apart from offering the regular list of features like Tasks, Sub-tasks, Priority, Print, Sort, due-dates etc.. the coolest feature is probably the ability to assign businesses where you would like to complete your task.

The gadget goes one step further and provides you the closest business where you can complete your task along your travel route. It provides full integration with Google Maps. This is very useful especially when you have a shopping task with a list of items to purchase. For instance, if you have a Grocery Purchase task that you would like to complete either at WalMart or Costco. No Problemo !! .. Just specify your start location and end location. “To-Do List” will automatically calculate the closest Walmart or Costco along your route where you can complete your task.

(To add this gadget to your igoogle.com page, just click on “Add to Google” button below the image)

(To add this gadget to your Netvibes page, just click on “netvibes” button below the image)

(To learn more about the Vista version, read my blog here . To add it, you can just click the “vista sidebar” button below the image.)

To-Do List with Google Maps !!

Add to Google

Add to Netvibes

Add to Vista sidebar

It provides loads of cool features:

1. Quick entry (Press Alt+Shift+A from anywhere in the browser. For Opera & Safari use Shift+Esc+A)
  2. There is no limit to the number of tasks you can add.
  3. Sub-tasks - Add any number of sub-tasks.
  4. Due Dates- Set due dates for your tasks.
  5. Priority - Set the priority for a task. Priority is useful especially while sorting.
  6. Sort - Sort the tasks based on Priority or due date.
  7. Auto change Priority to High based on due date.
  8. Delete - Quick delete of any task or sub-task.
  9. Edit - Assign business names or change the task description.
  10. Ability to keep the task list expanded always - the sub-tasks will be visible always.
  11. Print - Ability to print all your tasks or just print individual tasks. The printable view also has a checkbox that you can tick off as you complete the tasks. Multiple options provided for Printing - you can either print all tasks or only the tasks that were due yesterday, today or tomorrow.
  12. Ability to assign business names to tasks (like “Walmart” or “Costco”). BuzzMyWay (Business on my way) - The gadget will automatically find the closest businesses along the route to your final destination.

Continued in next page…

Getting things done with online todo list with google maps. Search business along the route by specifying store name or business name and start destination address. Uses google maps to find the shortest, the cheapest and the best driving directions. Manage priority and due date with todo list. Use this todo list as vacation travel checklist, holiday travel checklist, shopping list, grocery list, as sticky notes, as printable list, as movie list, as online task manager and to jot down all tasks.

Pages: 1 2 3

135 Responses to “To-Do List with Google Maps !!”

1. 1 Johnny Oct 27th, 2007 at 2:42 am

Even if I have no need for the BuzzMyWay-function - this is definitly the best to-do-list-gadget right now. The first gadet i have seen with the abilities to add subtasks, rearranging- AND printing a todo-list.

2. 2 Craig Nov 21st, 2007 at 9:16 am

This is the best To-Do gadget I have found so far. My only complaint is that I would like to enter entries and not have it automatically expanded. Thanks.

3. 3 Thad Nov 29th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Why the hell can’t I resize it lower than 240? It doesn’t fit in the sidebar! It should be shorter until it it moused over.

4. 4 Mahin Nov 30th, 2007 at 1:04 am

Thad,
    I understand that issue on Vista sidebar. I’m investigating it. Will keep you updated.

thanks

5. 5 Ray Nov 30th, 2007 at 12:21 pm

Just curious…is it possible to tie the Sidebar and iGoogle gadget data together so an update to one reflects in the other? (Or

That may seem rather…oh, I don’t know, oxymoronic, but I don’t always have a browser window open.

(Or maybe it already does, and an update hasn’t taken place yet.)

6. 6 Mahin Nov 30th, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Ray,
    I never thought of that. The only way is if I save the tasks on my server… and both the gadgets pull data from the same server (or) provide a sync feature..
    If many users are interested, then I can think about doing that.

thanks

7. 7 can't get gadget to work Dec 2nd, 2007 at 8:47 am

Sounds like great gadget, my igoogle allowed me to add module but then the tasks disappear and there is no menu at top of box? I am running latest version of firefox in windows xp.
    jeff thanks

8. 8 can't get gadget to work Dec 2nd, 2007 at 9:16 am

I figured it out (allow googlecode.com in forbidden scripts) thanks jeff

9. 9 Fran Dec 3rd, 2007 at 4:29 am

I like the gadget, but am having trouble with it losing ammendments to tasks some time after I have made the changes. New tasks which were there just disappear, and those marked as complete are suddenly un crossed.

10. 10 Ray Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:39 am

Ran into a nasty bug.

I went to resize the maximum height of the Vista Sidebar window…and I lost everything. All gone. Wiped out. And of course I hadn’t printed it out…

By any chance, could it be lurking somewhere on my hard drive?

11. 11 Mahin Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:54 am

Ray,
    Can you check the next tab in the vista sidebar. Normally if there is not enough space, vista moves the gadget to the next tab. Checkout the known quirks in my blog

To-Do List Windows Vista sidebar Gadget *NEW VERSION*

Let me know if that helped.

12. 12 Oded Dec 6th, 2007 at 7:37 am

Hi Ray,

Can you integrate you great To-Do with Jott (www.jott.com)?

“remember that milk” and Google calender did it.

It can be extremely useful!

I would suggest to have a Jott inbox directory on the To-do list so after it arrives the user can sort it in the right place.

13. 13 dunc Dec 8th, 2007 at 4:39 pm

same problem as ray, gadget is still visible, all tasks just disappeared. I thought they might be there, just not visible, but trying to print list gives “no tasks to print” or something..
    I tried to duplicate it with some temp tasks but was unable to. The task loss is equivalent to hitting the “X” to close the gadget, then re-adding it. All tasks are gone.

system is Vista Business, latest version of the todo list gadget (downloaded today).

After a fair bit of searching I was unable to determine where tasks are stored, which would be a nice addition.

14. 14 dude Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:37 am

Damn, I lost all my tasks after resetting the maximum height of the vista sidebar window.

The data isn’t saved anywhere?

15. 15 dunc Dec 10th, 2007 at 8:24 pm

Also, restarting the computer lost all tasks as well.
    After fiddling around in the gadget developer docs, I found the tasks. They’re in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Settings.ini
    The tasks are not real readable; lots of %5%id12392739127#task1, etc
    Interestingly, after a system restart, my tasks are still in the Settings.ini but they aren’t reflected in the gadget on the desktop. Hmmm

16. 16 Andy Dec 11th, 2007 at 6:31 pm

Small requests:

1. Have a setting so that it will always expand if there is a subtask.

2. If there is no subtask there should be an easy way to tell (like no triangle to the left of the task).

17. 17 Oded Dec 14th, 2007 at 7:57 pm

Great tool. I use it all the time. Placed in the middle of my Igoogle!

One small suggestion:

When I am editng an entry, the “close” button, which accept the changes, is always up there out of the screen. It would help if there was one more close to where the subtasks are.

18. 18 Rodney Dec 14th, 2007 at 9:49 pm

Bug?

1. The “Actual Width” under Options doesn’t do anything.
    2. “Twisties” should reflect their are subitems. Also it seems that you do not click on them to open, but rather on the text. Used to clicking on the triangles to perform the function.

Enhancements:
    1. Option to reverse black and white (white text on black background).
    2. Ability to sort by name (alphabetize list).
    3. Option to list subitems on minimized view (either display them or let the user expand the item list).

19. 19 Ralph Dec 18th, 2007 at 8:25 am

Could you correct the german translation please?

Einkaufsliste (not Einkaufenliste)
    Waren (not Varen)

Perhaps you could program a “sorting-function” and “the possibility to have more than one list”

FINE GADGET !
    P.S. If you want copyright-free icons for your gadget, please send me an email

20. 20 marchesa Dec 18th, 2007 at 3:25 pm

why did all my to-do lists vanish??? all my lists just got erased!!!

21. 21 Bruce Dec 18th, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Great tool. I’m using it daily and it had already helped to improve my productivity and clear my mind of todo clutter.
    Keep up the good work.

22. 22 Mahin Dec 18th, 2007 at 6:32 pm

WINDOWS VISTA SIDEBAR GADGET USERS. I already updated a new version that is very reliable and tested. Please update your gadget by clicking this link WINDOWS VISTA TODO-LIST SIDEBAR GADGET

23. 23 Mahin Dec 18th, 2007 at 6:37 pm

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I will definitely consider implementing it in next version.

24. 24 Satish Dec 31st, 2007 at 3:08 am

This is a request for feature enhancement. Currently we can sort the todo either on priority or due date. It will be good if we can sort it on both (i.e. first on priority and then due date or first on due date and then priority) - I believe that’s how most people manually keep their todo lists, and this is will be a very handy enhancement.
    Thanks and keep up the good work!

25. 25 Maggie Jan 3rd, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Does this gadget allow recurring tasks?

26. 26 venkat Jan 3rd, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Dear Friend,
    Excellent, Excellent. One of the best.
    Two questions.
    1) Is there a way i can Priorities Sub Tasks? Because, In your above example, under House Cleaning I might want to Wash Dishes first then Vaccum the Floor some time later this week.
    2) Is there a way to add a note to a sub task?

27. 27 Michelle Jan 3rd, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Great gadget…thanks so much. Is there a version that works in the Google sidebar?

28. 28 Mahin Jan 4th, 2008 at 9:04 pm

Maggie - currently no.

29. 29 Mahin Jan 4th, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Venkat,
    yes, you can prioritize. You can actually drag and drop the order of the sub-task. Just move the sub-task with the higher priority above the sub-task with lower priority.
    currently you cannot add a note to a sub task. I will provide that in the future.

30. 30 Mahin Jan 4th, 2008 at 9:10 pm
  31. 31 bert Jan 10th, 2008 at 3:06 pm

very good. nice and stable. platy of drag-and-drop action. kb-shortcuts. reasonably intuitive. definately best ‘to do’ widget for iGoogle at this point. thank you for your efforts.

32. 32 bert Jan 10th, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Feature Request:

1 - Sub-task Note.
    It would be good to have a little ‘notelet’ come up on double click or perhaps Icon after the check-box

2 - Export to XML
    Please add some functionality to allow us to self-archive. An XML tree of the Tasks and sub-tasks.

Thanks.

33. 33 Jay Jan 11th, 2008 at 11:27 am

Greetings,

I am having trouble getting this to do list gadet to add to my GoogleApps Start Page. It is an available gadget in the list when I click “Add Stuff…”, but when I add it, I get the error “Sorry, this module cannot be displayed, as it requires inlining but is provided by an untrusted source.”

Is there anything I can do to correct this in order to use this gadget?

Thank you.

34. 34 Mahin Jan 13th, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Jay,
    you have click OK to use the gadget. I have provided some explanation for inlining gadgets here - http://screeperzone.com/2007/11/08/why-do-i-inline-google-gadgets/

35. 35 Julie B Jan 14th, 2008 at 11:12 am

hello, I’m trying your to-list on igoogle and the priority pull down menu is not working. When I click on the number the pull down menu shows up in low but will not allow me to change it. The pull down is slightly cut off on the right side if that matters. Any suggestions? Thanks! -Julie

36. 36 Mahin Jan 14th, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Julie, the priorities for the tasks are displayed in numbers.

low - 3 - green
    med - 2 - blue
    high - 1 - red

37. 37 Craig Jan 16th, 2008 at 1:28 pm

Pretty good. Just noting that while I’d like to in general keep the tasks UNexpanded, when I am working on ordering subtasks, I’d like to be able to keep the task from contracting every time I move a subtask. I suppose I could edit the task and temporarily change the setting to “Always Keep it Expanded” so its not the end of the world.

great tool

38. 38 Craig Jan 18th, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Also noted that it hijacks the windows shortcut “Alt-A” which I use frequently to bring up my favorites. In other words, both “Alt-A” and “Alt-Shift-A” do the same thing, at least on my computer.

39. 39 Isabelle Jan 20th, 2008 at 7:03 am

Very good, handy ans always available.
    Suggestions: Sort by name
    Is it possible to move a task to make it a sub-task of an other task. I do the list and then I organize it.
    Is it possible to type more detailed in a task

40. 40 bert Jan 25th, 2008 at 9:32 am

Hi Mahin,

still liking this gadget.

Occasionally its losing an entry.

Also - more feature requests:

1) I’d like to be able to move sub-tasks across tasks.

2) I’d like to keep done sub-tasks but hide them

my previous requests were
    1 - Sub-task Note.

2 - Export to XML

On this last one I note that Tabookmarks (http://idsoft.skr.jp/igg/tabook/tabooke.html) has implemented a back-up/restore feature.

Good work tho’

BTW, if you are not going to update this gadget could you let me know by email?

Many thanks

BERT

41. 41 Shai Jan 27th, 2008 at 10:18 am

Hi,

Can you allow sharing of a todo list with other Gmail users?

Thanks,

Shai

42. 42 niamh brown Feb 1st, 2008 at 5:05 am

Hi Just wanted to say that I’m using Windows XP and I had my tasks disappeared too and came here for help. Upon seeing the post about looking into the next google tab I found that my to do list wasn’t there but having cycled through all my tabs and came back to my main/front one it suddenly showed up again with all my data.

Just thought I’d share, sorry if I’m repeating someone else.

Niamh

43. 43 Carlos Feb 1st, 2008 at 9:28 am

Hey it would be quite useful if it could (i) synchronize with other TODO or (ii) allow backup in some other way. Anyway, thanks I love your gadget.

44. 44 carlos Feb 7th, 2008 at 7:11 am

the ability to sync would be quite nice! that way I can keep a backup in my computer and also use it while off-line

45. 45 alice Feb 9th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

I want to use two calenders, one for business, one for personal, but when I enter a new item it sometimes jumps to the opposite calendar.

46. 46 Leah Feb 11th, 2008 at 12:53 pm

I would really like to be able to have this be a communal to do list, as in, the other people in my office could see my list and make changes on the googleapps page.

47. 47 Mahin Feb 12th, 2008 at 12:06 am

Alice: You can use only one To-Do list per tab.

Please create a seperate tab - one for Office and one for Personal.

In each of these tabs you can have one seperate To-do list gadget.

48. 48 Bram Feb 12th, 2008 at 6:26 am

Hai there,
    When i move a subtask, the main item collapses after each move. Note : I have 50 subtasks in one task. Is this a bug or a feature
    BTW : very nice gadget!

49. 49 Karin Feb 12th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Hi, I just started using you to-do list. I use igoogle. It’s better than anything else I have found and I really like it. I was wondering though If I could make a couple of feature requests.

1. 2nd level of subtasks. I am finding that my task list is getting really long, but that many of them could be grouped together to make the list more manageable.

2. A renew or recurring function on the due date. I use it a lot for tasks that need to be done weekly or monthly or what not. I am changing the due date each time which works ok, but this would make it much easier.

Thanks so much for a great tool!

50. 50 Bryan Feb 13th, 2008 at 6:34 am

Hi there, love the to do list. I also would like to request the ability to invite others (my admin) to my to do list and allow them the ability to manage it by adding and updating the tasks.

51. 51 Mahin Feb 13th, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Bram: You need to check the box that says “Keep this task expanded” in the edit screen for that task. Then if you drag the subtask the task won’t collapse.

52. 52 Mahin Feb 13th, 2008 at 11:39 pm

Thank you all for your comments. I am maintaining a to-do list myself to track all the useful feature requests. I will implement one by one when I get some free time. Thanks again.

53. 53 David Feb 14th, 2008 at 2:17 pm

I have been trying to access the to do list through my treo 755 and it does not display. Do I need to download something to the Treo?
    Thanks for any help, nice application.
    David

54. 54 DX Feb 19th, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Would love it if this gadget could be shared between multiple people.
    Right now … I am using google calendar to do todos..

55. 55 Alan Feb 20th, 2008 at 1:56 am

Hi Mahin,

Thanks a million for your hard work. I have another suggestion for the pile I’m afraid!

When a task is collapsed, would it be possible to display the number of subtasks it has over on the right somewhere (near the priority)?

Keep up the good work!

56. 56 Anders Tillebeck Feb 26th, 2008 at 10:02 am

Very nice todo list.
    My biggest wish would be to share tasklist accross Goggle Calendar groups.

To avoid multiediting it could be made so:
    - a category is shared amoung a choosen Google Calendar group.
    - The tasks in that category will be owned by the creator and viewable by the rest of the group.
    - The owner of a task can change the owner to another member of the Google Calendar Group (so we can assign tasks to each other)

BR. Anders

57. 57 Darwood Feb 26th, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Nice gadget.
    Is there a way to mark a main task (ie not a sub task) as complete without having to edit it?

58. 58 ramon Mar 2nd, 2008 at 6:00 pm

what about iPhone integration?

59. 59 Moon Mar 4th, 2008 at 6:18 am

Have you made changes to it recently?

Yesterday, and for the past few weeks I have had a list with about 10 items on it.

Today - NOTHING!

I had some pretty important info in there that I didn’t have anywhere else. I guess I’m screwed now?

60. 60 rudy Mar 13th, 2008 at 9:59 am

I find out and logging back in will restore missiing ToDo lists..wierd..but seems to work.

61. 61 mike Mar 13th, 2008 at 10:16 am

Everything is just gone- my rather lengthy “to do” list isn’t on my google page. Can I trust that this is a temporary thing or am I in trouble for not printing it in the last few weeks?

Thanks.

Mike

62. 62 Mahin Mar 15th, 2008 at 1:38 am

Mike : If you are using IGoogle gadget, please make sure *NOT* to have many gadgets in one tab. This will exceed the maximum storage space allocated by Google. If you like to keep a very long to-do list, I would recommend to use a seperate tab for this gadget. By this way you have more storage space. Also Please do *not* delete the gadget from your IGoogle page once you see empty list, this may be due to temporary network issues. Your list may comeup when you access you IGoogle page after a few minutes.

63. 63 Ruth Mar 19th, 2008 at 5:19 am

Today I am seeing the message “Sorry, this module cannot be displayed, as it requires inlining but is provided by an untrusted source.” where my To Do list used to be on my igoogle page. I assume its a problem with security certificates or somesuch - can it be fixed?

64. 64 niamhbrown Mar 21st, 2008 at 6:14 am

Hi,

I really like this tool but the one downside I’m having is that when I drag to reorder sub/tasks it doesn’t seem to like it if I’m moving it up/down more than two slots at a time. It will make sub-tasks jump about, even ones I’m not moving. It can be annoying to organise it in the priority you want only for half the tasks to jump about again.

Anything I need to know to avoid this?

Niamh

65. 65 Brian Mar 27th, 2008 at 6:20 am

I lost all of my list from my personalized Google Start Page. Now all I see is…

66. 66 Ed Mar 31st, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Read your “inlining” tip, however when I try to add To-Do List w/ Google Maps I get “Sorry, this module cannot be displayed, as it requires inlining but is provided by an untrusted source.” There is no option to select OK???

67. 67 Mahin Mar 31st, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Few users got this message :

Today I posted this issue in Google-Gadget groups ( http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Gadgets-API/browse_thread/thread/89b1e617b52c93fb?hl=en ) and waiting for a reply.

Please do NOT delete the gadget, as it will delete your data permanently.

68. 68 Mary Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:14 am

I love this gadget! Two requests…
    1) If I have the list sorted by priority and add a new list item, I would love for it to go onto the list in priority order. In other words, you save the fact that the list is sorted by priority (or whatever) and add new todos in the right sorted order.
    2) When I delete a todo, the message says something like “Are you sure you want to DELETE this task?” but doesn’t say which one. It would be nice to have the todo subject repeated in the message or a very clear hightlighting of the selected todo. As it is there is no hightlighting, and you are left to hope that you did click the “X” next to the correct todo.

Thanks!
    Mary

69. 69 Rich Apr 8th, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Thank you for this gadget. I find it very useful.

Currently I have three iGoogle tabs set up with your to-do gadget: one for work, one for family/home, and one for community activities. Each tab has only the to-do gadget on it.

Lately, I’m having a problem with the work tab, which has about twenty tasks on it, some with subtasks. When I try to print the list (e.g., Print All Tasks) the page that comes up says “There are no tasks to view!” The other two to-do lists print fine.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Thanks.

Rich

70. 70 Brett Apr 9th, 2008 at 8:55 am

could you add the ability to nest sublists?

so i could have 3 levels of hierarchy rather than just 2. Really, only 3-5 should be really necessary, but sometimes it would be nice to link tasks together more in this way.

71. 71 Rich Apr 15th, 2008 at 9:44 am

Hello. Last week I submitted a comment about a problem I was having getting your to-do list gadget to print one of my to-do lists. Even though there were about 20 items on the list, asking it to print resulted in the message “There are no tasks to view !”

After some experimentation, I have discovered the cause of the problem. If any task or subtask within a list ends with the backslash character (\), and that item is included with the list of items selected to print (either as one of all tasks, or as a task due yesterday, today, or tomorrow), then to-do sees the list as empty. The backslash character only seems to cause this problem when it is at the end of a line.

I now know how to avoid this problem, but it would be good to fix since others may run into it. Thanks again for this very useful gadget!

72. 72 Seth Apr 16th, 2008 at 1:17 am

My entire To Do list just disappeared. I use XP SP2 with IE7. I tried clearing the browser cache then re-signing in to igoogle with no success.

How can I get my data back? I have used this for quite a while and come to trust it, and have an extensive list with some info. I have nowhere else.

HELP !!

73. 73 risaa Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:47 pm

Look, I know that this gadget is a brilliant idea, but if you want more people to use it, then change the color. Right now it is just a monotonous gray ugly color. I wish there was an option to change the color. If you could please do that, then the gadget would be the best out there!

74. 74 bill Apr 28th, 2008 at 4:09 pm

nice gadget. I wish instead of confirm on a delete, there was an undelete. Fewer steps for the common case, same safety.

75. 75 SIRW55 Apr 30th, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Agree with many, great tool! - My enhancement requests are: (1) Version that works with Google Sidebar, (2) add additional sub-task layer, (3) Add option of no color, level of opacity, or optional colors, (4) Add-in for Spicebird PIM.

76. 76 Paul May 1st, 2008 at 9:31 am

Please explain as I have same problem. Is there a setting in Firefox or in igoogle or ….? Thansk
    ************************************

jeff thanks
    # 8 can’t get gadget to work Dec 2nd, 2007 at 9:16 am

I figured it out (allow googlecode.com in forbidden scripts) thanks jeff

77. 77 Frances May 20th, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Can I embed my to do list on my blog?

78. 78 Jeni Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:55 pm

I love this to do list!!!!!! I love that you can categorize your lists…I have one for shopping, one for phone calls, one for emails, etc. And I love that you can prioritize and print the list as well. I just purchased a Palm Centro and I am new to the PDA/smartphone world….is there anyway I can get this on my Centro? Please! This would make my life so much easier. Its a great to do list but when your running around, a laptop is quite bulky to carry around to keep checking your list.

79. 79 Alison Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I accidently deleted a long letter on my Google task bar To Do list when I was trying to open it. It’s far too easy to lose! I spent a long time on it and am desperate to get it back. It wasn’t in my recycle bin. Does anyone know how to get it back?

80. 80 Minh Jun 17th, 2008 at 10:02 am

How do you guys make money doing this? I want to support what you’re doing. It’s great work!

81. 81 CrampingMyStyle Jun 19th, 2008 at 6:23 am

I love this to-do list but have recently noticed that the box no longer grows longer when I expand my tasks. The length of the box has become fixed at 15 lines, making it impossible to see or move my subtasks. If I start a new tab the box expands like it used to (100 lines), but I’m not willing to retype all my tasks! It would be great if I could just copy the list across to the new tab, or even better, fix the length issue.

82. 82 CrampingMyStyle Jun 20th, 2008 at 7:18 pm

worked out how to reload a backup and it fixed the length issue - yay!

One suggestion which would make the to-do list perfect for me: add an option to sort by “other”, and you can enter this text in the task. When my to-do list gets big, I like to filter out my tasks based on whether I’m at home, work, shops, phone or waiting on someone.

If this could apply to subtasks too, I’d be over the moon.

83. 83 Peter Jun 29th, 2008 at 10:29 pm

Hi,

great gadget. I cannot use the priority pull down list in OSX Safari 3, on an Igoogle page. With Safari 2 I could not click it, but i could use the arrow keys to pull down the menu. Since upgrading to safari 3 there is no way to pull down and select a priority.

Hope you can fix this as i really find this tool very useful.

cheers

Peter

84. 84 c Jul 19th, 2008 at 4:15 pm

When I install to my start page, I get this message -
    Have XP and latest Firefox.

What is the problem?

85. 85 Carol Jul 22nd, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Awesome gadget! I really love it. The only thing that would be more convenient would be if I could have it on my Google Desktop rather than having to bring up a browser window to see it in iGoogle.

Any plans to also make this into a Google Gadget that works with Google Desktop? Please… please…

86. 86 W Reinus Aug 7th, 2008 at 6:45 am

Is your server down? My tasks have disappeared. Yikes.

As long as I’m here, thank you for a wonderful gadget. I like it. Would be great if subtasks could also have priorities and due dates.

Thanks,

Will

87. 87 Cheryl Aug 26th, 2008 at 3:33 pm

How do you edit something on the list without completely deleting it and retyping it all over?

88. 88 Mahin Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:00 am

@Cheryl: Click the edit icon at the right of the parent task. You can then see list of text boxes that contains all your sub-tasks. You can edit your parent task and sub-tasks here.

89. 89 Espi Sep 3rd, 2008 at 3:32 pm

I also love the To-Do List gadget. Just would like to add my own wishes for enhancements.
    1. Due Dates for sub tasks
    2. Another level of sub tasks
    3. Ability to categorize tasks and sort by category
    4. Ability to view Businesses assigned on the expanded view

90. 90 Matt Sep 15th, 2008 at 12:29 pm

I like this gadget for iGoogle, but I have there’s a few ways it could be a lot more useful for me. First of all, I wish I could just click on the text of the task to edit it, as opposed to needing to click the edit button and getting all of the details. Secondly, I would like to have categories or labels, or even the ability to have multiple instances on my iGoogle page (currently you can have multiple, but tasks all go to the same one). Finally, it would be great to have the ability to add dates to subtasks.

91. 91 Sunny Sep 26th, 2008 at 1:11 pm

I love the todo list, especially being able to print of the lists each day as needed. But the last couple days I get the message “There are no tasks to view !
    ” and there is nothing to print, even though I have several task lists. Is this a bug or is there a setting I need to change?

Sunny

92. 92 tessa Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:43 pm

I accidently X’ed out of my todo list using the X in the right hand corner. How do I get my list back?! Where in my computer system is the program run out of?? It’s not showing up in my Vista sidebar gadgets as an option.

93. 93 dkm Jan 13th, 2009 at 6:34 am

does this app have the ability to sync with my google g1 phone?

94. 94 Harry Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:56 pm

I have been trying to find a simple, easy to use program for staff and after testing seven different products looks like you have a winner. Congrats!

95. 95 Mahin Jan 28th, 2009 at 2:40 pm

dkm,
    currently there is no option. I will look into it.

Harry,
    thanks for your comment.

thanks
    Mahin

96. 96 Cam Apr 16th, 2009 at 9:25 am

Hi,

Just downloaded 2.2.0 but it is just a zip file. How do I install it?

Thanks,

Cam.

97. 97 Jess Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

I love the to-do list you’ve put together. Unfortunately, when I started using Google Chrome the ability to change the priority level from the drop down list is affected. Is there a way you can fix this? Thanks.

98. 98 Mahin Apr 19th, 2009 at 10:51 am

Cam,
    Can you check your browsers download settings ? It probably zips up the file. Normally it is not a zip at all.

Jes,
    thanks for reporting. I will look into it.

Mahin

99. 99 Mark May 6th, 2009 at 8:12 am

Same issue as Mahin. Great gadget, but priority selection drop-down is not working in Chrome…please fix, use this all the time!

100. 100 Ankur May 12th, 2009 at 9:13 am

Mahin, great work - thank you!!
    Somehow the igoogle gadget is working great in my IE8 but not in my Firefox3.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Ankur

101. 101 Dennis Jun 9th, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Any chance that this “To Do List” will be available for the mobile igoogle? It would seem to me that having the list avaiable on my mobile phone would be better than printing out my list each day. Just a thought.

Dennis

102. 102 Mahin Jun 9th, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I have had some users say that it does work on a smartphone browser. But yes, I will look into developing a “javascript independent” gadget that can be used on any mobile phones.

thanks,
    Mahin

103. 103 Me Jun 11th, 2009 at 8:43 am

Recently this week, my todo list changes are not persisted. After making the changes, if I go back to the list later the changes are not there. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

104. 104 KP Jul 7th, 2009 at 9:54 am

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together — it’s exactly what I was looking for. Good work!

105. 105 Jill Jul 17th, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Uh oh… all my tasks are gone with the wind! What happened??

106. 106 Mahin Jul 17th, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Not sure.. But few had complained about this.. I was not able to repeat it. If you have to recover your data, Visit this blog to recover your data - http://screeperzone.com/2009/06/12/to-do-list-with-google-maps-recovering-your-lost-data/.

107. 107 Tucker Jul 18th, 2009 at 6:49 am

My todo list is gone. Is all the data deleted?

108. 108 l Jul 18th, 2009 at 10:23 am

my tasks have also disappeared suddenly (again). I can recover them manually - yet it would be so nice if they wouldn’t disappear at all…

109. 109 Me Jul 20th, 2009 at 6:34 am

I am seeing the same issue where all my tasks in my todo list have abruptly disappeared!!! What a nightmare…….

110. 110 Mahin Jul 20th, 2009 at 7:54 am

All,

If you have to recover your data, Visit this blog to recover your data - http://screeperzone.com/2009/06/12/to-do-list-with-google-maps-recovering-your-lost-data/. Unfortunately it’s random disappearance is beyond my control.

thanks,
    Mahin

111. 111 Topper Jul 20th, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Really like this gadget and have been using it regularly for several months. As a result, have a pretty long to-do list…. but suddenly over the weekend all our tasks disappeared as others have reported. The author’s workaround of manually rebuilding it from the script would take too long and I wonder if there’s a better way to recover the list. Plus, more importantly, if there’s a way to prevent it from happening again.

Per the author responses here, it sounds like Google’s deprecation of inlining may have something to do with the tasks disappearing/not being displayed. Would it be possible to use the API’s instead of inlining for this gadget, as suggested here: http://igoogledeveloper.blogspot.com/2008/08/changes-to-inlined-gadgets.html

I really appreciate the hardwork from the author in developing this tool and its usefulness and would love to continue using it if the task list disappearing issue can be permanently fixed. Thanks for consideration.

112. 112 Me Jul 21st, 2009 at 6:45 am

Not only are the tasks disappeared, if I add them again they are not being persisted! Any tasks I add are gone upon refresh.

113. 113 Me Jul 21st, 2009 at 12:29 pm

This gadget is basically not working anymore for me….

114. 114 Mahin Jul 22nd, 2009 at 11:44 pm

All,
    Not sure what’s happening. But please DO NOT use the gadget for now. It IS unreliable. I think it is acting up because of the inlining problem. Unfortunately I haven’t changed anything on my side. So I have no idea why it’s behaving this way. Will try to work with Google on this. Try this for now to recover data - http://screeperzone.com/2009/06/12/to-do-list-with-google-maps-recovering-your-lost-data/

thanks,
    Mahin

115. 115 Dom (from France) Jul 27th, 2009 at 1:19 am

It does’nt work on iphone browser… :-( What’s new about your project to developpe a “javascript independent” gadget that can be used on any mobile phones ?
    Thanks !

116. 116 don Aug 11th, 2009 at 4:19 am

I know I should’ve moved my listing habits over to ‘remember the milk’, but your ‘to do’ list, is just an easier place to dump non-time related stuff. Good luck in putting it back together.

117. 117 don Aug 20th, 2009 at 5:40 am

Fantastic. All of sudden it’s back.

118. 118 johnji Aug 20th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Opened browser this morning and all tasks are gone! How does this happen? Running the Chrome browser on XP.

119. 119 Mahin Aug 20th, 2009 at 9:07 pm

The iGoogle gadvet version is unreliable at present. Please donot use it.

thanks,
    Mahin

120. 120 John Allen Sep 4th, 2009 at 7:46 am

Where are the task data stored? I’d like to be sure this directory is in my backup path.

Thanks!

121. 121 Mahin Sep 5th, 2009 at 2:15 am

John,
    If you are using the Vista version, then it is saved under C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\TodoList.gadget\TodoList_tsks.txt . If you are using the iGoogle version, then it is saved as Google preferences in Google’s servers. It is not local. Please refer to http://screeperzone.com/2008/04/18/export-import-backup-your-igoogle-gadgets/ to backup your gadgets.

Mahin

122. 122 john Sep 11th, 2009 at 11:21 am

hi,

I like it too but wish it have option for to “Expand” all the tabs at ones.

It sux where you have to click on name at a time to expand to see it’s tasks…

John A
    john@chattopc.com
    www.ChatToPc.com

123. 123 Liezel Ruales Feb 24th, 2010 at 3:25 am

it seems good

124. 124 Liezel Ruales Feb 24th, 2010 at 3:26 am

hey! how have you discover such this useful gadget

125. 125 ZenNode May 13th, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Can this use google spreadsheet as a database??? Could we chat more about this please?

126. 126 amy Aug 8th, 2010 at 5:12 pm

my last comment didn’t post… trying again.

my to do list has disappeared, and I’m getting this error:

“414 Request-URI Too Large
    nginx/0.7.64″

do you have any recommendations?

127. 127 Mahin Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

@amy : are you using it on netvibes ? let me know.

128. 128 Ezpl Nov 5th, 2010 at 2:17 am

Great gadget - does exactly what I want (and a few more things)!

One small bug though - when rearranging items in a list (which is a great feature) it automatically collapses that list (on W7 x64). A bit annoying.
    It wouldn’t hurt if it had the ability to spice up the looks :-)

129. 129 Landon Aaron Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Agree with John. Need to be able to expand all.

1. 1 The Geeky Blog Updates » Blog Archive » To-Do List with Google Maps !! Pingback on Oct 29th, 2007 at 8:48 am
  2. 2 "Activity Tracker" - Project/Time management gadget | ScreeperZone Pingback on Nov 1st, 2007 at 5:56 pm
  3. 3 Master Household Project List at The Redesigned Mom Pingback on Feb 10th, 2008 at 12:09 pm
  4. 4 A Writer’s Start Page « A Writer’s Journey Pingback on Feb 28th, 2008 at 10:11 am
  5. 5 Share your iGoogle To-Do List with friends and family | ScreeperZone Pingback on Apr 18th, 2008 at 8:28 pm
  6. 6 Export / Import / Backup your iGoogle gadgets | ScreeperZone Pingback on Apr 18th, 2008 at 8:33 pm