Expense sharer is an online tool to share expenses with roommates, friends, family members and can be used for any occasions including trips, vacations, room rental etc. What differentiates this tool from other online tools is that - there is NO SIGNUP , NO LOGIN, NO PASSWORDS, NO HASSLE, NO DOWNLOADS, NO SAVING DATA ON SERVERS. The data is purely yours and you can export your data locally or share via Google docs and later import it back and continue on from where you left.
What makes this tool unique is that, it uses an unique algorithm that automatically minimizes the number of money transactions between the parties involved and shuffles the debt automatically thereby reducing the number of checks to write. There is NO limit on the number of people or the number of transactions you add . And you can specify the respective share (in ANY denomination) of each person (1 part, 2 part and even 1.5 part etc).
Below is a link where you can access the tool
Following are the basic steps to calculate shared expenses using “Expense Sharer”:
- Add names of people you would like to share the expense with.
- Add expenses of each person and also indicate the respective share of other person’s involved.
- Click on “Expense Report” and you should see who owes how much to whom.
- Print the Expense Report and give it your friends who are sharing the expense.
- Export the data and save it as a file (by clicking on the “Export” link). You can also send this file to your friends for them to import and view the expense report.
- When you visit next time, just import the file (by clicking on the “Import” link) and start from there (or) Start a brand new expense report without importing.
I will explain each link in detail..
Continued in next page…