Activity Tracker Plus - Track all your life activities with just a single click

Related to: [ Activity Tracker Plus - Free Time And Task Tracking Tool for personal use, small business and employees ]

Setup and start using Activity Tracker Plus

“Activity Tracker Plus” is a punchclock time tracking tool that can keep track of all your daily activities. You can use if for anything you want - small business owners or employers can use it to track their employee hours, consultants can use it for time reporting, students can use it to track time spent in their homework and others can just use it to analyze how they spend their time. It provides a very simple interface and all you do is punch-in when you start an activity and punch-out when you are done. This gadget will take care of generating your time records or timesheet. It also comes with a social client - “Activity Tracker Plus Social”  that will let you share your daily log on your blog or any opensocial social networking platform including orkut, hi5, Friendster, MySpace etc in real time.Activity Tracker Plus is built using Google Spreadsheet as the back end for data storage. That means, all your personal tracking data is stored on your own Google spreadsheet. You can back it up whenever you want or export it to your local machine whenever you want.

Activity Tracker Plus Running On Prism

Activity Tracker Plus can be accessed from any browser (yes.. you can use iPhone too) and it shares the same data from the same Google spreadsheet. That means, you can punch-in from your desktop Activity Tracker Plus or IGoogle and punch-out from your iPhone and you can punch-in again from you Mozilla internet browser.  The data is shared and is stored on your very own Google spreadsheet. There are number of set-up options available for Activity Tracker Plus. You can have it on your computer’s system tray or you can have it in your IGoogle page or Gmail or you can access it from any personal web-sites. So you are not limited to using only iGoogle. Activity Tracker Plus is also very reliable and does not depend on a single platform like iGoogle. So even if iGoogle decides to disable all gadgets, all your data is still saved on your spreadsheet and you can still access them through any other Internet browser.  You do not need iGoogle to access your data just use any Internet browser. Activity Tracker Plus is very secure. It uses three keys and optional password to make sure no one can access your data.

Points to note before using Activity Tracker Plus

1. If you are a previous iGoogle Activity Tracker user, please note that Activity Tracker Plus is NOT compatible with the old Activity Tracker and you will NOT be able to import all your activities. You can continue to send me requests to recover your old data (screeperzone at gmail.com).

For Netvibes and Vista gadgets, please refer back to the previous version of Activity TrackerActivity Tracker - Punchclock & Time Management Gadget

For all other users, just click on the link below to setup your account and start using Activity Tracker Plus on your Internet Browser or any smartphone browser

Activity Tracker Plus is a free time management or timesheet gadget. Use it to improve productivity following Getting things done principles. Managing your time efficiently. Capture billable time, capture time spent in writing blogs, time spent on leisure activities, daily life log. Project management gadget.

67 Responses to “Activity Tracker Plus - Track all your life activities with just a single click”

1. 1 Mahin Jun 10th, 2009 at 2:52 am

If you would like to suggest a feature or would like to report a bug, please use our issue tracker at http://code.google.com/p/activitytrackerplus/issues/entry

2. 2 Scott Jun 11th, 2009 at 6:42 am

Is a vista sidebar gadget version to follow?

3. 3 Mahin Jun 11th, 2009 at 8:41 am

Scott,

I have added this request to http://code.google.com/p/activitytrackerplus/issues/list If there is enough people requesting the same, I will be developing the Vista version. Currently the older version supports Vista

Thanks,

4. 4 Sam Jun 14th, 2009 at 7:46 am

Will the Windows Vista version be ready soon?
    Sam DG—

5. 5 Doug Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:42 am

Can we add formulas to the log sheet in google spreadsheet to show the data in a timesheet format? I was hoping that the log view would be available in the spreadsheet. Thanks for an excellent product!

6. 6 Helen Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Can we no longer transfer the spreadsheet to excel as we could on the earlier version?

7. 7 Mahin Jun 23rd, 2009 at 7:47 pm

<p>There is a workaround . Just click on logs in the menu and you should see the logs on your browser window. Just highlight all the values in the table.. (just left-click your mouse and highlight the entire table), then right click and copy. Now paste it in Excel (Paste Special and choose Text) and Excel is smart enough to separate out the data. Now you should have your excel with the appropriate data.</p>
    <p>thanks,<br />
    Mahin</p>

8. 8 Eric Garris Jul 2nd, 2009 at 8:39 am

I don’t understand how to get this on my computer. I have “added” the google version and Google says it is added, but I don’t know where it is.

9. 9 Mahin Jul 5th, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Eric,
    Just goto igoogle.com and you will see the gadget on your page.

10. 10 John Jul 9th, 2009 at 11:42 am

sorry if this is a dim question
    how can i delete an activity ?
    great gadget

thanks
    john

11. 11 Mahin Jul 12th, 2009 at 9:19 pm

no.. it is not a dumb question. Since the gadget can have as many activities as possible, instead of deleting you hide the activity. You never have to delete your activity.

12. 12 Diane T-H Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:58 am

First of all, this is a great gadget! Thank you so much.

Here is a suggestion/request: Could you add the total hours as a column in the activity_list Google doc? That would allow to me see at a glance the total time spent on each project.

Again, thank you.

13. 13 Mahin Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:39 am

I will add this as a feature request in http://code.google.com/p/activitytrackerplus/issues/list

If anybody else would like the same feature, please vote for it.

thanks,

14. 14 Mahin Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:42 am
  15. 15 Keith Jul 17th, 2009 at 2:13 pm

is there a phone friendly version or a blackberry app on the horizon?

16. 16 Jim Crutchfield Jul 27th, 2009 at 5:56 am

Another vote for an updated Vista gadget!

Also, I’d feel more comfortable being able to delete entries completely, not just hide them.

How confidential is Activity Tracker Plus? I’m a lawyer, and I want to use it for my billing, but I can’t put client information on a server that can be accessed by others. Can you guarantee that nobody at your company will access my data? Thanks!

17. 17 Mahin Jul 27th, 2009 at 7:30 am

Jim,
    All your data is stored on your own Google spreadsheet. It is completely safe unless you don’t trust Google in keeping your data safe. In that case, you can use the Vista version of the old Activity Tracker wherein the data is saved on your very own desktop.
    Of course if you share your Google docs spreadsheet with someone else, then they will be able to access your data. So be careful in providing access to others.
    You can be rest assured the nobody in my company will access your data.

Hope that clarifies your doubt.

thanks,

18. 18 Celeste Aug 2nd, 2009 at 11:45 am

Mahin, FINALLY getting around to using the Plus on my iGoogle page, thank you!! (NetVibes not nearly as nice…)

Now, how do I UNhide an activity? 8-}

19. 19 Mahin Aug 2nd, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Celeste,

To unhide, just click on menu and select “View all hidden activities”. It should then show you the hidden activities which you can then unhide.

20. 20 Celeste Aug 3rd, 2009 at 9:10 am

Sorrry! Figured it out… Menu –>View Hidden. D’oh!

21. 21 Bob Aug 20th, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Is there some way I can access and export the database to a program like Excel so that I could back it up, and (more importantly) total it in different ways?

22. 22 Mahin Aug 20th, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Bob,
    The data is in your Google spreadsheet. So you can just click on File | Export as .csv or .xls etc from your Google spreadsheet. This way you can back it up. But unfortunately - it may not be readable to you at present. Please request a feature at http://code.google.com/p/activitytrackerplus/issues/list and I can look into making it readable so you can do analysis on it.

Update: Please see the workaround below to export to Excel.

23. 23 Mahin Aug 26th, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Many had been asking me on how to export the data to Excel - This is how you do it currently -

24. 24 Robert Sep 3rd, 2009 at 9:48 am

Hi Mahin,

You originally stated above: “The data is in your Google spreadsheet. So you can just click on File | Export as .csv or .xls etc from your Google spreadsheet. This way you can back it up.” However, the only way I know to “access” my Google spreadsheet is through your program using . On that screen is no menu to work on the spreadsheet, such as File | Export.

So is there someway I can access a Google spreadsheet through Google?

Thanks

25. 25 Bob Sep 3rd, 2009 at 10:57 am

How do I delete an activity if I really want to delete it, not hide it?

Also, can I rename the entire spreadsheet?

26. 26 Mahin Sep 3rd, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Bob,
    To access your Google spreadsheet just goto http://docs.google.com . Then login and you should be able to see your spreadsheet. You can also rename it there..but i’m not sure if activity tracker can then access your spreadsheet.. you can give it a try and let me know.
    currently there is no way to delete an activity. you can only hide/unhide it.

27. 27 xelnx Sep 12th, 2009 at 10:19 am

It asks for my login data every time I start iGoogle. Is there a way for data to be rembered?

28. 28 Mahin Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:12 pm

hmm.. it should not be doing this. can you check settings for your iGoogle and make sure you allow to save preferences. It looks like it cannot save your preferences.

thanks,

29. 29 Igor Sep 29th, 2009 at 5:19 am

Since 2 days ago on iGoogle I get the message “Error Message : Error accessing the service. Please retry sometime later.”
    Seems that ATP can’t connect anymore to the Spreadsheet on Google Docs. I tried to setup the gadget on another computer with another browser, but I get the same error.

Then I tried to setup a new Spreadsheet on another Google Docs account. At the time I was waiting to be redirected from Google Docs permissions page to the ATP setup page I got again the same error as above.

Maybe it is useful to know that I’m using “Google Apps for your Domain”.

Pls help
    Igor

Igor

30. 30 Mahin Sep 29th, 2009 at 5:35 am

Igor,
    If possible send me a personal email with the link that you entered into igoogle. Also I have never tested on Google apps for domain. Can you try with a regular Google docs account and see if the problem repeats ?

thanks,

31. 31 LieslH Oct 17th, 2009 at 6:53 am

I would like to know - how can I delete a activity?

I was just testing it - now I want to delete all the testing activities.

Thanks

32. 32 Mahin Oct 17th, 2009 at 10:48 pm

LieslH,
    You cannot delete an activity. You can just hide it.

thanks,

33. 33 golana Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:26 am

Downloaded activity tracker last night. Looks it’s exactly what I need. Seemed to work last night. Today, I got ” Error message not authorised”when I tried to use it and “Required field is empty” when I entered the URL when trying to reaccess it. Am I doing something stupid??

34. 34 SE Nov 9th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

How does one edit the entries. It appears that the only “editing” that can be done is to delete an entry.
    It would be useful to be able to add a note or to change the time if you forget to log out.

35. 35 Mahin Nov 11th, 2009 at 7:45 pm

SE,
    yes. currently you can delete an entry and then add a new entry with the modified values.

thanks,

36. 36 geoame Jan 2nd, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I thought the previous tracker also had a function to help keep track of time. I thought there was an option that would say “its time to update your activity”. Sorry if this is not the correct one. I had two gadgets that both stopped working and I can’t recall if this is the correct one. I really need to the reminder to work efficiently.

Amelia

37. 37 Mahin Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Hello Amelia,
    yes.. it was the previous Activity Tracker. Unfortunately I have not included this functionality in Activity Tracker Plus. I will note it down and try to implement it in the next release.

thanks,

38. 38 Steve Jan 27th, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Hi,

If I add the following html to my web page anyone accessing the page can mess with my tracking…..

….is there any way to secure this? (*** = removed for prvacy)

Thanks,

Steve.

39. 39 Steve Jan 27th, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Code for above post without the markup delimiters as it didn’t render in the original post

iframe src=”http://www.screeperzone.com/atplus/list.htm?k=****************=************=***********************” style=” border-width:0 ” width=”220″ height=”600″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”yes” /iframe

40. 40 Tom Jan 27th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I can’t find any online instructions on how activitytracker works. Are there any? What I really can’t figure out is how to correct an entry. For example, if I forget to check out at night. If I delete an entry using the edit function it appears to add those hours to the previous day. So I’m not doing something right here.

41. 41 PJ Jan 27th, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I have a couple of questions. I just started working with your older version yesterday and for the most part I liked it but I wanted to try the newer version since it is advertised as being more stable.
    1. Is there an easy way to organize your tasks? I. E. Alphabetically, As Entered etc… When you have 60 things on your list drop and drag is very tedious.
    2.Is there a way to make a short cut to your desktop and the ability to work off line? There are times when my internet is intermittent and I don’t want to be unable to stop/start tasks if I am offline. That would defeat the purpose for me. I am a creature of habit so I am trying to DRILL this into my head to use all the time and if I can’t have it readily available it is useless to me :)
    Thanks!

42. 42 Gerad Jan 27th, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Is it possible to track multiple items at once? If one item is punched in, and you punch in a different item, the first one automatically punches out.

43. 43 Hard Drive Feb 25th, 2010 at 5:14 am

I have been looking for a way to import data from the ATP vista Gadget to the igoogle app. The data in the csv downloaded from the Vista Gadget Log does not seem to be in the same format as the data in the igoogle applet. I followed the steps outlined, but get the error “The file could not be imported. Please make sure it’s correctly formatted and then try again.” at the upload page in igoogle settings.

Thanks for a great tracker!

44. 44 John Orrett Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:53 am

Hi
    i like the desktop gadget, but would never ued google, they have no respect for privacy and treat you confidential data as if it is theirs to do with as they wish.

How about developing a version that does not use evil spyonyouandkeepyourdataforyears google?

45. 45 Rene Mar 12th, 2010 at 2:54 am

Long time that the last post was added… are you still working on the project?

46. 46 Piloo Mar 16th, 2010 at 3:19 am

Hi, great gadget which ceased to be since last week. Is this project dead? Anyone there?

47. 47 Mahin Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:59 am

Hi all, There are new features coming up !!!.

48. 48 Igor Mar 17th, 2010 at 4:56 am

Hi Mahin,

starting today I don’t see Activity Tracker Plus on iGoogle Gadget. What I see is the setup page inside the frame with no possibility to scroll and reinsert the details. I tried to delete the gadget and reinstall it again, but still doesn’t work.

49. 49 Mahin Apr 8th, 2010 at 11:31 am

Hi all,
    Just an update. I will be releasing new features that you must have never seen in other time tracking applications. :) Thanks,
    Mahin.

50. 50 Honza Apr 19th, 2010 at 5:24 am

Hi Mahin,

I don’t see Activity Tracker Plus on iGoogle Gadget too. Same problem as Igor has.

51. 51 Mahin Apr 19th, 2010 at 7:22 am

It seems like new version of IGoogle code has some issues. I am working to resolve it from my end, please use the standalone version until then.

More Info
    and

52. 52 VIncent Manfredi Apr 19th, 2010 at 7:45 am

Hello,

Can you change the time an activity started if you forgot to punch in?

53. 53 Mahin Apr 19th, 2010 at 7:59 am

YES, Click “Manage” on the activity and goto “Insert/Delete Logs” tab, there you can insert your preferred time.

54. 54 Simon Apr 27th, 2010 at 1:13 am

Hi, love the app. I’m interested how u get the info into the Google spreadsheet? Have u any tips as I would like to do something similar with another app? Cheers, Si

55. 55 Mahin Apr 28th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

@Simon - Please refer Google Spreadsheet API http://code.google.com/apis/spreadsheets/

56. 56 ZenNode May 13th, 2010 at 1:12 pm

This is cool. Could we chat about me hiring you for a small project? I want to see about making a simple todo list gadget that updates a google spreadsheet that I could use on my android phone. THanks.

57. 57 morgue Jul 12th, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Hi - I’ve been happily using this for a few months now - but yesterday afternoon my only activity disappeared. I can’t find it anywhere. It’s a two-step deletion process so I know i didn’t accidentally delete it.

Do you know what might have happened or how I can recover the lost activity?

Thanks
    Morgan

58. 58 Mahin Jul 12th, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Hi Morgue, Activity Tracker Plus uses your Google spreadsheet to save data (http://docs.google.com) .

Can you see if you can find that spreadsheet in your Google docs ? If you deleted that spreadsheet , please use Google spreadsheet revision history to revert changes.

Let me know if you need help.

59. 59 temoz Aug 16th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I added the gadget, set it up and started tracking time today, but the gadget frame always says click here to set up your free … - shouldn’t it show my activity list etc.?

60. 60 Mahin Aug 16th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

@temoz
    There are two ways you can add your AT to IGoogle gadget.

1- Add IGoogle gadget from your set-up options screen. You can click “Menu –> Other Setup Options” from activity list screen to see all the setup options for Activity Tracker Plus.
    Just click the IGoogle button and have AT added to your IGoogle

2- By copy and pasting all the 3 key information in edit settings of your IGoogle gadget

If you see the below message after AT setup . Just click the menu icon at the top and click “Edit Settings” and enter the 3 key information.

“Activity Tracker Plus uses your Google Spreadsheet to store data. Click here to get your FREE set-up information and enter the information in your IGoogle “Edit Settings”.

If you already setup your Gadget using step 1, please feel free to delete the gadget the displays the message “Click here to get your FREE …”.

As all your data is stored in Google spreadsheet, even if you delete any gadget, you can retrieve your records anytime by reinstalling your gadget.

61. 61 William Aug 24th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Is there a window 7 gadget version available? I tried to download the vista one, which was a zip file, but it just has files in it and not a gadget file.

Is there anything available for windows mobile?

Is there an installable application too?

62. 62 Chris Sep 11th, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I would like to use two different time sheets (e.g. one to track my time spent at the office and another one to track my time spent out of the office) within the same Google account. Is that possible?

63. 63 Chunka Sep 23rd, 2010 at 11:47 am

When I open the spreadsheet in Google documents, most columns just contain a string of numbers that mean nothing to me (ex: act1285174783244). The only entries that make sense are the activity name, any notes I’ve entered, and my IP address. What am I doing wrong?

64. 64 Henrik Lindqvist Oct 10th, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Love your awsome application and I use it every day.
    I’d like to suggest adding a way to prioritize the activities. High, middle, low for instance. Thanx!

65. 65 Patricia Oct 14th, 2010 at 9:03 am

I am having a real problem with this app. Yes I use it every day but when I filter dates (like Oct 1, 2010 to Oct 14, 2010) it breaks up the data in the strangest way.

I click the label for my client and it has 5 projects under it. I just want to see the time I have spent for each one under that list. It comes up saying:

Displaying logs for date range : 01 Oct 2010 00:00 (Fri) TO 14 Oct 2010 23:59 (Thu)
    Week40 [ 26 Sep 2010 00:00 (Sun) - 02 Oct 2010 23:59 (Sat) ]
    Then there’s some detail, then it says:

Week41 [ 03 Oct 2010 00:00 (Sun) - 09 Oct 2010 23:59 (Sat) ]
    Then there’s the detail for that and then:

Week42 [ 10 Oct 2010 00:00 (Sun) - 16 Oct 2010 23:59 (Sat) ]

What’s with all the breaks in between? No one is asking for that. I just want to see the time I’ve spent between x date and y date and that’s it. I spend more time cutting and pasting and it drives me mad.

It would be very convenient and smart if I could see the clients all together, too. So under the range I’d have:
    Client A - the dates and times in my range
    Client B - the dates and times in the range

and so on.

66. 66 Mahin Oct 15th, 2010 at 9:37 am

@Chunka: ATPlus app uses your Google Spreadsheet as a back-end to store data. The data you see is very granular data. The application reads this data, interprets and does some processing to make it human readable. We decided to store data in your Google Spreadsheet so that you have control of your own data.

67. 67 Mahin Oct 15th, 2010 at 9:42 am

@Patricia: The log that you see in AT is split by weeks. We decided to put that way as many users voted for that format. If you need a feature for your business, please request it here http://code.google.com/p/activitytrackerplus/issues/list?can=2&q=type=Enhancement